Syntax – consistency is the king.
- Use semicolons.
- Use Linting. e.g. ESLint or JSHint
- Curly braces should start in the same line of command, which is different from C#, etc.
- Equality. Use === whenever possible.
- Write variable, function, caller in order.
Behaviors – use strict mode.
- Use var if it’s not for a global variable
- Use ‘use strict’; This will remove weird JS behavior and throw an error rather than ignore silently.
- Use ‘var _this = this’ pattern at the beginning of the object when creating a function object so as not to lose this scope inside the object.
- Use the named function.
- Return callback function like ‘done’.
- Use promise from promisejs, which can lead to monads.
- ES6 and Babel
- Use ES6 rather than ES5
- To use ES6 set up the environment using Babel which transpile ES5 JS to ES6 JS.
- Async Await
- New stuff